Monday, December 13, 2010

The REAL Santa....

When I was a little girl I remember driving to Richmond, VA from where we lived in Norfolk, VA to see the "REAL Santa" at one of the big department stores. We would have lunch with Santa, sit in his lap for our picture and shop with the elves for our parents in a junk store that cost a fortune. Only kids and elves could fit through the doors of this shop! Well... in keeping with tradition I thought Elsie should visit the real Santa too. Rumor has it that the real santa resides at Phipps Mall. For those of you that live in Atlanta....this is THE santa to visit. You have to make reservations way in advance to see him. Well...I tried to get reservations but there was some kind of computer glitch...I tried a few more time and then completely forgot. About a week later I realized I had missed the boat...or should I say "sleigh"! Someone mentioned that sometimes they will put you in a cancellation spot if you call up there the day of. So....that is just what I did! We were in and out of there in 20 minutes!!! That is my kind of Santa visit :)



Santa was not a big focus in my family growing up and he will not be in our house either. We want Elsie to know that CHRIST is the reason we celebrate the season.....we want her to learn to give to those less fortunate, serve people that need love and most importantly to be a shining light for Christ! He is the reason for the season...not Santa!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Agree with your sentiments...but Santa makes a very cute picture with Elsie! I LOVE your dog...what kind is he??

The Denbow Family said...

He is a labradoodle :) Best dog ever!!!!

Amy said...

What a great picture!!! Love Elsie's dress :)
we totally missed the "sleigh" on the phipps appt. i couldn't get in :( we had to settle for the santa at lenox...