Monday, December 20, 2010

A few of my favs

I do not go all out with decorations in my house....I prefer to keep it minimal but meaningful if you know what I mean! My favorite part about decorating the tree is taking out all the ornaments and remembering how each one came to be on our tree! Here are a few memories I had this year....

First ornament I gave to Scott when we were dating

Baby's first Christmas from Nana and Pops

Baby's first Christmas from Gigi (missing a pic but seriously who can find a pic that small)
I am looking Gigi!!!!

There is no such thing as a labradoodle ornament (at least there wasn't when I got these) so I settled for a poodle and a lab ornament right beside each other!

This crazy guy is from my childhood....I remember racing to see who could find this guy first!!

Our first Christmas as a married couple 2007


Another childhood fav.....we took skiing vacations around the holidays!

Teachers love apples


Our first family photo after we brought Elsie home


My favorite new ornament from last year


Love this rustic one....someday when we have an office for Scott I want a "woodsy" tree in there


My friend Joanna gave me this a few years back....love thinking about what a wonderful friend she is when I pull it out to put on the tree


These stockings are special too! My mom made these over 30 years ago and I love the tradition of having my childhood stocking and tree skirt in my holiday decorations!

No comments: