Friday, October 29, 2010

She's growing up


Earlier this week I was talking with Scott as we were going to bed about how fast she is growing. She is so independent and hardly seems like she needs me these days. Every night before I go to bed as I peek in her room to check on her, I want to scoop her up and snuggle her in my arms. She will not stay still long enough to snuggle anymore and she never falls asleep in my arms. Well, last night was my night! She has a runny nose and must have been awakened from sneezing and she started fussing. Normally I try to ignore it and she is back to sleep in about two seconds. Instead I went in and scooped her up hoping for some snuggle time. Sure enough she put her head on my shoulder and passed out. I just rocked and rubber her back and kissed her sweet cheeks a million times! She has always been such a good sleeper so these times have been few and far between.....it was just what I needed!!!

As perfect as she is I am beginning to see her "strong will" come out. She is so determined.......

As a little back story---Elsie and I like to dance.....I hold her and we dance around the room, she dances by herself and she has even started putting her thumb and middle finger together to attempt copying my "snap". She gets a laugh and smile every time she does it! Well...this morning I was telling her no as she was getting into something and she started smiling and trying to snap. Oh goodness.....trying to manipulate me already with her cuteness. I think we may have our hands full!!!!

Here is the snap! I think she might be some kind of musical genius :)


Some funny faces....she wants my camera these days so I can hardly get a pic because she is so close trying to grab it!!




No comments: